POSITION TITLE: Executive Vice President-Association/MLS
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
The Greenwich Association of REALTORS® (GAR) and Multiple Listing Service serving one of the most exceptional markets in the U.S., with average property values in the millions, is currently interviewing candidates for the position of Executive Vice President.
The Greenwich Association of REALTORS® and Multiple Listing Service are driven by clear strategic goals and benchmarks designed to continually improve all member services from education to technology and data accuracy. The Association has recently conducted a number of strategic initiatives and member research and is now looking for their next Executive Vice President to drive these initiatives forward. The new Executive will have management responsibility and oversight for both the Association and Multiple Listing Service.
The Association and MLS have an extremely dedicated staff, board of directors along with highly capable committees who works collaboratively with the Executive Vice President. The board of directors seeks a candidate that has the skills to work closely with the board of directors to create and manage new strategic initiatives, improve overall operations and member services.
- Is completely responsible for the Association staff, including staff structure, delegation of duties and performance standards. Evaluates staff performance, conducts performance reviews and recommends salary. Directs and coordinates the staff to achieve the planned programs of the Board and the Committees. Has responsibility for hiring, training and terminating staff.
- Executes all decisions of the Board of Directors and ensures the Board of Directors is fully informed on the conditions and operations of the Association, and on all-important factors influencing them.
- Provides the necessary liaison and staff support to Board committees to enable them to properly perform their functions.
- Coordinates all ethics complaints and arbitration requests.
- Evaluates results of all activities and policies and identifies and recommends policies, procedures and action to achieve Association goals, objectives and mission.
- Identifies opportunities to expand services. Plays an active role in formulation of programs, services and activities of the Associations.
- Initiates outreach to all segments of the membership to keep informed of their issues and concerns. Is available to provide assistance with problems and questions and to entertain suggestions relative to present and future service.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with National, State and Local civic, political and professional individuals and organizations. Promotes the services, members and activities of the Association while projecting a positive image of the Association to those individuals, organizations and the community in general. Works closely with state and local attorneys.
- Maintains a competent knowledge of real estate related laws and regulations on Local, State and National levels.
- Establishes and maintains an effective and efficient organizational structure and administrative operations of the Association office.
- Develops, recommends and upon approval by the Board of Directors operates within an annual budget. Ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the Association are appropriately safeguarded and administered. Arranges for an annual CPA audit.
MLS/Member Services Duties:
- The Executive Vice President oversees all aspects of the Greenwich MLS operation.
- Is completely responsible for the MLS staff, including staff structure, delegation of duties and performance standards. Evaluates staff performance, conducts performance reviews and recommends salary. Directs and coordinates the staff to achieve the planned programs of the Board and the Committees. Has full responsibility for hiring, training and terminating staff.
- The Executive Vice President is the manager of the entire operation responsible for ensuring each department consistently focuses on improving subscriber satisfaction while continuing to improve MLS operational efficiencies.
- The Executive Vice President manages all existing vendor contracts and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors as to future vendor needs and deadlines.
- Responsible for successful implementation of new technology initiatives
- Serves as executive level support to all committees, PAG’s, and Task Forces.
- The Executive Vice President participates in new member indoctrination course providing MLS overview.
- The Executive Vice President is responsible for driving the success of the MLS strategic priorities of the MLS as outlined by the Board of Directors.
- The Executive Vice President handles escalated member issues and provides outreach to promote MLS and member services.
- Responsible for planning, formulating, evaluating and recommending to the Greenwich Board of Directors all basic policies and programs which will further its objectives and maintains updated bylaws, MLS Rules & Regulations and corporate documents in collaboration with Legal Counsel and NAR Member Policy Division.
- Responsible for measuring and driving consistent improvements in subscriber satisfaction levels
- Responsible for recommending improved/enhanced member services to board of directors as well as operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for continually improving service adoption and training participation
- The Executive Vice President, closely manages budgets and continually strives to find methods to drive down costs.
REQUIREMENTS/JOB SKILLS: College degree is desirable, as well as significant trade association or business experience. Possess excellent managerial, supervisory, budgeting, communication and planning skills. Experience in Multiple Listing management or other database inventory systems strongly desired. Strong ability to work effectively with volunteer committees. Must possess mature judgment, excellent communication skills and a high degree of personal organization and initiative.
The Greenwich Association of REALTORS® offers a highly competitive compensation package with benefits, commensurate with experience.
For more information, contact:
WAV Group Inc