Senior DBA Job Description
Los Angeles based company is conducting interviews for a permanent, full time Sr. Database Engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, coding, testing, optimizing, debugging and documentation of database applications. Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a team player
- Ability to manage support tickets through to completion.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and results oriented
- Take ownership of your work
- Troubleshoot and quickly resolve production issues
- Responsible for documenting all contact with the systems or clients in the trouble-ticketing application
- Updating client knowledge base as appropriate.)
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and to work well under pressure
The Senior DBA Responsibilities:
- Work on project deliverables while supporting day-to-day production activities
- Maintenance or enhancement of existing applications
- Perform database backups\restores, maintenance, replication and data archiving
- Ensures the security and integrity of the production databases
- Address Database performance related issues
- Monitors disk space and performance, coordinates with the development team to develop/tune SQL queries, stored procedures for the production site
- Create SQL server scheduled Jobs to automate database related processes.
- Apply good and efficient Databases design practices
- Work with very talented developers and be a major contributor to projects
- Working in a multi domain environment.
- Plan and coordinate application roll-outs with QA and Development teams
- Administration, optimization, monitoring, tuning and backup/retrieval of enterprise databases
- Work with development team to develop data architecture documentation project.
- Review systems design and database solutions, assuring adherence to defined corporate standards
Senior DBA Position Requirements:
- 7+ yrs hands-on experience in database development in corporate environment
- SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008
- Strong T-SQL skills.
- SQL Server in a multi-node Failover Cluster Configuration
- Experience in creating, modifying, and tuning Stored Procedures, UDF and Views.
- Experience in Database Optimization: index/query tuning and optimization
- SQL Server Integration Services – SSIS
- SQL Server Reporting Services for 2005 and 2008 – SSRS
- Good understanding of SQL server replication, log shipping, database mirroring and\or other high-availability/fault tolerance solutions.
- Understanding of SQL Server security and authentication
- Experience with database code enhancements such as architecture, development, design, test and support.
- Logical database design and normalization\data modeling techniques
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Source Safe
- Experience identifying and developing solutions for optimizing production reports and queries
- Provide application level SQL Server DBA support
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems or related field
- Knowledge\Understanding of SAN technology
Additional Skills we are looking for the Senior DBA a Plus:
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 a BIG plus
- Experience with VMware technology a BIG plus
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2008 (c#. Net experience is helpful but not required)
- Real Estate industry experience
If you possess most of these capabilities, we want to talk to you.
IMPORTANT: Email your resume in Word format, including salary requirements.
To express interest, please contact email@example.com